Wednesday, March 18, 2009

March 18, 2009

Wednesday. Today I worked in the House again. H.16 (the bill I mentioned yesterday about deer doing crop damage) was passed today and will go to the Governor's office to be signed into law.
The House went over probably 6 or 8 other bills today in session for about 3 hours.
Tonight starting at 6:30 there is a public hearing about the Same Sex Marriage bill. It is currently a Senate bill but the meeting will be in the House because so many people are attending. By the time I left at 4:30 there were already 100 people plus there. Many people on both sides were there, all arguing with each other about the bill. Security is increased with guards at the door. Tomorrow I will be in the Senate and I think they should be voting on that bill. If it passes the Senate it will be refered to the House. If not it will be refered back to the Senate committees and can be ammended to try to get it passed if it is voted on again.


What is the number and name of the bill you guys submited so I can find it and follow it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so then. you said that you wanted people to comment. here you go. i was wondering if they passed the same sex marrige. you will probably write about it later, but i cant stay on the computer forever. i'll check back later. have fun!!

Mrs. Levy said...

Jeff - Our bill is H.0256 and was sponsored by both Mrs. Evans and Mrs. Myers. It would be great to get an update on where it is and what you can learn about it. I also look forward to hearing about your take on the same sex marriage debate from your posting tomorrow.
Mrs. Levy