Today I was in Legislative Council again. A very slow day. One instance when the agriculture committee was discussing a bill about milk or grain prices and expected 10 people and ended up with more like 50 people. It was pretty intense.
We went up into the dome today. This is a tradition. I signed my name and saw other signatures dating back to 1933. We went out on onto the walk way around the base of the statue with a railing. It was a really sunny day so we could see all of downtown Montpelier.
Tomorrow I am going to be in the House so should have more to do. I think there will be discussion about the speed limit on Rt 7 through Milton being lowered. The town had asked for this and so far the legislature has not agreed. Watch the news for more information.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Jeff,
I think it's great that you are seeing the ebb and flow of the legislature but I cannot imagine there are many days when things are slow. We have lots of challenges on our plate, as a state and a nation. I'm very glad you're there with your ear to the ground to hear about local issues. You might ask Mrs. Evans about "our bill." Do you remember walking out to the Circ with me last fall to see where a walking or bike bridge might be located? She introduced the idea as a bill and has copies of it. I'm going to be talking with students about it this coming week. Maybe you can keep an eye on it for us. I look forward to seeing you on Monday! Keep up the good work, Jeff. Your posts this week are particularly enjoyable to read!
What a cool tradition, too bad that's not part of the regular Capital tour.
Mr. C
Wow Jeff that's really cool, that there have been signatures dating all the way back to 1933.
Yeah that is cool. Are you delivering the messages and letters to the different parts of the capital? Mackenzie was telling me about that.
Post a Comment